Anyone who has ever tried to lead people will tell you leadership is more like art than science. And as with art, perfecting the craft of leadership requires studying under a master. Of course, an aspiring leader must have a foundation of communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills, but owning the tools and knowing how to use them to maximum effect are two different things. The blogosphere is full of leaders with either outstanding leadership knowledge or strong writing ability, but far fewer have both. These 25 bloggers earn our endorsement as the best of the best.
1. Dan McCarthy: This director at the Whittemore School of Business and Economics can be found blogging at Great Leadership. McCarthy has a conversational style that is easy to read but that does not prevent him from conveying some hard-earned business knowledge for both current and aspiring leaders, from a guy who has clearly been both.
2. Michael McKinney: Too often we think of leadership as the sole purview of bosses and CEOs. Michael McKinney and his blog Leadership Now are here to remind you — with articles on ethics, personal development, lessons from Abraham Lincoln, and more — that leadership can be practiced by anyone.
3. John Maxwell: With more than 19 million books on leadership sold, his blog needs no other name than John Maxwell on Leadership. He uses the site to bring leaders “timeless and timely” teaching, tell you what he’s reading, and offer his thoughts on leadership today.
4. Bob Burg: Fresh off his latest business leadership book entitled It’s Not About You, bestselling author and speaker Bob Burg freely shares on his blog the type of insights that politicians, professional athletes, and millions of his readers have been receiving from him for years.
5. Michael Hyatt: The tagline for the blog of this author and publishing company chairman is “Intentional leadership.” In addition to helping leaders be thoughtful and purposeful, he also blogs several times a week about productivity, social media, and his personal area of expertise, publishing.
Read full list here.